Tuesday, April 10, 2012

NaPoWriMo Day 10

Almost gave up on this again today.  But I didn't.

Searching for the Words

I sat down to write you a letter,
to tell you how I feel.
And I started to write it ten
different times.
The furthest I got was the greeting,
To my love,
You make me feel like I’m home.
Then my mind breaks.

I don’t know what to say after that.
Every word I pull and weave
with the next gets torn apart.
Nothing feels like it makes sense
and all I want is for you to understand.
To see how much I love you. And believe me.

I stayed awake for days, held prisoner
by my thoughts. And desperation
to get free.

To my love,
You make me feel like I’m home,
a home that isn’t completely broken.
The stars don’t feel so far away
and the night doesn’t feel so dark.
Your imperfections are beautiful.
There is no other way to say it except:
I love you.
Kisses always,
me

No comments:

Post a Comment